One of the key actions of ADSA has been to identify best practices within the activities of the project itself, to promote their adoption by other initiatives, fostering the scaling and improvement of already tested methodologies.
To do this, the ADSA partners, coordinated by EBN, analysed and assessed all the activities carried out by the project to provide digital start-ups with measures that supported their growth, in particular by entering new markets. As a result, ADSA partners selected the actions that best served the supported start-ups during the project implementation:
- Tailor made training for greater impact: in line with the entrepreneurial ‘learning by doing’ mindset, such as the ADSA Academy that combined individual support from experts in residence with group sessions.
- Preparation for fundraising: ADSA partners developed a one-to-one support mechanism in which business plans were reviewed, pitching exercises were implemented and introduction to investor networks were made.
- Good partnerships: by looking for collaborations at the time of organising events, plugging them into larger initiatives or involving existing networks, as it happened with the ADSA’s Demo Day, a 2-day event bringing together different project stakeholders.
- The importance of face-to-face building activities: organising study visits that provided an opportunity for ADSA’s stakeholders to get out of their comfort zone and discover a new ecosystem, fostering new working relationships
- Participation in trade fairs and events: offering this chance as part of the ADSA community was the best way to gain visibility and establish relationships with stakeholders such as clients or investors, that can play a role in the growth path of start-ups.
You can download the Best Practice publication here – ADSA_best_practice_publication_Final.